My absolute favorite coffee drink is a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. So good, but so expensive! So, I set out to find a way to make it at home – without spending a ton of time or buying specialty ingredients.
This recipe only requires THREE simple ingredients – coffee, white chocolate chips, and milk!
I use coconut milk for mine but you can use any kind of milk or a combo of milk and cream. Just use what you prefer or have on hand.
I won’t lie and say this tastes *exactly* like the Starbucks version, but it is really good and the price difference is worth the taste difference!
White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
Strong brewed coffee
1 cup milk (or 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup cream)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan, bring your milk to a simmer.
2. Pour your chocolate chips into a pyrex measuring cup.
3. Pour the hot milk over the chocolate chips and let it sit for a few minutes.
4. While your milk is melting the chocolate, brew your coffee as you normally would (maybe a little stronger than usual).
5. Whisk the milk and chocolate together.
6. Fill your coffee mug about halfway with the chocolate/milk mixture then fill the rest of the way with coffee.
7. Stir and enjoy! Add whipped cream if you’d like!
You can save the extra milk mixture in the fridge and just reheat when you need it.
I don’t know exactly how much it costs to make this, but I’d estimate that it’s about 1/4 the price of a coffee shop white mocha!
You can find even more recipes here.