Chili is one of our family’s favorite cool-weather meals. It’s delicious, easy to make, and best of all – frugal. My husband is actually our chili chef and he agreed to share his recipe with you all!
This chili recipe is EXTREMELY easy and requires only a few ingredients – which is probably why we love it so much! This amount will last our family at least a couple of days. If you don’t think your family would eat this much, you can always freeze the extra for a quick meal at a later time.
Texas Chili Recipe
- 3 cups dry red beans
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 can of Rotel (28 oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse beans and soak overnight (or for 24 hours).
2. Drain and rinse beans.
3. In a skillet on medium-high heat, brown ground beef and onion.
4. Add soaked beans, browned beef and onion, remaining ingredients, and 2-4 cups of water to your slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Top with shredded cheese when serving.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken-Lentil Stew Recipe
- Crock-Pot Roast Sticky Chicken and Homemade Chicken Stock Recipes
- Potato Leek Soup Recipe
You can find even more recipes on my new recipe blog: RealFoodEnthusiast.com!