Apple is celebrating the 5-year anniversary of their app store! They’re offering 10 of their most popular apps for FREE right now! I’m not sure how long they will be FREE, so grab them while you can.
Just head over to the app store on your apple device, and look for the photo above. Click on it, and you’ll see all the apps available for FREE. There are 5 groundbreaking apps and 5 landmark games available to download. (Or you can just search for them by name.)
1. Barefoot World Atlas App – Explore the world’s continents, great oceans and changing environments. Meet different people around the planet and find out about their way of life. Encounter amazing wildlife, discover landmarks, natural features and famous buildings. Young children will delight in playing with the 3D globe and exploring its features; while older children can delve deeper to discover a wealth of facts and insights including live data for every country from Wolfram|Alpha.
2. Day One (Journal/Diary) – A new way to journal. Enter your memories, ideas, events and photos to have them synced to your iPhone and iPad using iCloud or Dropbox.
3. How To Cook Everything – This first-of-its-kind app of the bestselling cookbook—How to Cook Everything from New York Times columnist Mark Bittman—has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features that appeal to cooks on the go.
4. Over – Helping your photos stand out by adding custom captions, logos, and stylish doodles.
5. Traktor DJ – The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPhone. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
6. Badland – An Apple design award winner, Badland is an incredible action game with stunning graphics.
7. Infinity Blade II – With smart gameplay and gorgeous graphics, this action-packed epic absolutely shines.
8. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP – An exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a mythic little realm, use a sword to do battle & evoke sworcery to solve mystical musical mysteries. This elegant 8-bit adventure uses touch-based puzzles to deliver a poignant story.
9. Tiny Wings – You have always dreamed of flying – but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills. Use the hills as jumps – slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment – until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.
10. Where’s My Water – Help Swampy by guiding water to his broken shower. Each level is a challenging physics-based puzzle with amazing life-like mechanics. Cut through dirt to guide fresh water, dirty water, toxic water, steam, and ooze through increasingly challenging scenarios! Every drop counts!
Thanks, Amy Lynn Andrews!