“Why didn’t my Walgreen’s Register Reward print??” I think this is one of the most commonly asked questions here on Couponing 101. Admit it – you’ve asked it, haven’t you? I know I have! Walgreens register rewards are really a pain! There are so many rules you have to remember, and for the beginner couponer – they can really be confusing!
Here are a few common reasons for your register reward not printing:
1. You bought the wrong items. Register Rewards can be very picky! Did you buy the exact size indicated in the ad? What about variety? Flavor? Sometimes more items will be included than what is pictured in the ad, but usually not. You need to buy exactly what is pictured if you plan on convincing the manager that you should have received a register reward.
2. You did not meet the purchase amount threshold. If the register reward requires you to spend a certain amount (ie. “Spend $20 on xyz products and receive $10 register rewards”), you must spend at least that amount. $19.99 is NOT the same as $20 when it comes to register rewards!
3. You used a Register Reward from the same brand. You cannot “roll” register reward deals. The register reward you use will cancel out the register reward that should print. This only applies to rewards from the same brand/company. If you use a register reward that was earned by buying a product manufactured by a completely different company, then your register reward should still print.
4. The register reward machine was not working. Yes, it does happen! If this happens, ask to have them re-ring your purchase at a different register.
5. There’s a full moon, a Walgreen’s employee crossed your path, or you walked under a Walgreen’s ladder. I’ll say it again: Walgreen’s register rewards are a PAIN! Sometimes I am completely flabbergasted, and have absolutely no idea why my reward didn’t print!
Here are some rules to remember when using register rewards:
- You cannot have more coupons than items – register rewards are coupons! So, if you are buying 1 item and using a coupon on it, you will not be able to use a register reward also. In this instance, you would add a very cheap item to your order (called a “filler”) to even out the item to coupon ratio.
- You cannot use a register reward on an item earning a register reward for the same deal. (I know, could I make that sound more confusing?!) Register rewards from the same company cancel each other out. P&G makes a ton of products like Pampers and Tide. So, let’s say you buy Pampers and earn a register reward. Then you want to buy Tide and earn the register reward advertised for it. Do not use the Pampers register reward! If you do, the Tide register reward will not print! You can, however, use a register reward that was earned by buying a product from another company and the register reward will print. It is fairly easy to find out which company produced your register reward. It will say something like “compliments of xyz” or look in the fine print for “Retailer: xyz.”
- They expire really fast! Two weeks is all they give you to use that register reward. If you don’t think you will be back in time to use it, go ahead and purchase something right then and use your register reward.
I am not trying to discourage anyone from shopping at Walgreen’s or participating the Register Reward program. I am simply trying to make sure everyone is well educated on how the system works! If you have any other questions or if this was confusing, please leave a comment with your question or send me an email! I want you to be able to shop at Walgreen’s with confidence!
You can find more tips for shopping at Walgreen’s HERE.