10 Money-Saving (and Earning) Smartphone Apps
With the growing number of mobile users now owning smartphones, new apps are popping up constantly that offer ways to save or earn money.
Below is a list of ten of my very favorite smartphone apps that can help you to both save and earn money!
2. Favado – Find the best deals and rock bottom prices for items in more than 65,000 grocery and drugstores nationwide. The app will also alert you to which store has the best deals and you can see if there are any coupons available to match up with the sales! Read the tutorial.
5. Shopkick – Earn points for shopping at your favorite stores. You can redeem your points for prizes like a Starbucks or Target gift card.
8. Target Cartwheel – Target-exclusive coupons that can save you anywhere between 5% and 40% on everything from fresh produce to clothing to school supplies. Cartwheel coupons can be combined with both manufacturer coupons and other Target coupons for bigger savings! Read the tutorial.
9. Walmart Savings Catcher – Scan your recent Walmart receipts and the Savings Catcher app will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product. If Savings Catcher finds a lower advertised price, you get the difference on a Walmart eGift Card! Read the tutorial.
11. Groupon – I’m sure you know about Groupon by now, but did you know they have an app? Most Groupon vouchers can be redeemed by showing the cashier the voucher on the mobile app! No more wasting ink and paper by printing the vouchers – or forgetting the vouchers at home (been there, done that)!
12. Amazon – This may seem like a strange app for saving money, but I actually use it quite often! If I’m shopping somewhere and considering a purchase, I will usually check Amazon first to see how it compares in price!
13. Grocery Store Apps – Check to see if your local grocery store has an app! I love the Tom Thumb app because I can load eCoupons onto my card while I’m shopping in the store!
14. Couponing 101 – This isn’t exactly an app, but I do love having direct access to the website when I’m out and about.
To get the little icon on your phone, just use your phone’s browser to navigate to Couponing101.com. At the bottom of the browser, click on the little square with an arrow in it. Several choices will pop up, and you’ll want to click ” add to home screen.” After you do this, you’ll find the icon on your phone, just like an app!
What are some of your favorite money-saving apps?