Blogging Goals for 2010 (Plus, Starbucks Gift Card Winners!)
I am a person who likes goals. For me, if there is no goal then there is no point. My husband and I recently sat down and wrote out our personal, family, and financial goals together and it got me thinking – I need some blog goals!
I feel like my blog is just floating, drifting here and there. I would like to be in charge of it’s course and steer it where I want it to go. In order to do that, I need to determine the destination! Ah, epiphany!
Here are my blogging goals for 2010!
1. Make more vlogs (videos). I have so much fun doing them, and some people learn better by seeing and hearing it rather than reading it.
2. Write more content. I love sharing deals with you all, but sometimes they can be so distracting! I would like to set aside some time each week to write out an informative article – I have so much I want to tell you all!
3. Set blogging time. I admit that sometimes the computer rules me rather than the other way around. I plan on setting specific blogging hours each day, so that I can reclaim my life outside the computer.
4. Be more consistent. I am aware of my inconsistency, and I’m afraid that my inconsistency is the only thing that is consistent.
5. Quit trying to keep up with the Paines’, er Jones’. Sometimes I get caught up in trying to post everything, and it quickly wears me down. I have to remember that this is my blog and I should only post the deals and coupons that I find relevant and useful.
6. Respond to comments and emails in a timely manner. I’m working on it. Promise.
7. Improve site navigation. I truly want to make it as easy as possible to find what you’re looking for. Look for some improvements to the site in March!
So, there you have it! I’m sure I will think of other things I want to do, but for now those goals will keep me plenty busy.
And thank you all so much for taking my survey. I have really enjoyed reading your responses! Many of you had some great ideas that I plan on implementing in the near future! As promised, I picked 5 winners for a $10 Starbucks gift card:
The winners are:
All the winners have already been emailed.
So, what about you? Are you goal-oriented like myself, or do you prefer a more spontaneous approach to life?