CVS Official Coupon Policy
CVS has finally posted the Official CVS Coupon Policy online! This should be helpful for those of you who have been running into problems at CVS lately.
Here the points from the coupon policy that will answer some of your most frequently asked questions:
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept expired coupons.
- Competitor coupons are not accepted at CVS/pharmacy.
- The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid if required by state law.
- CVS/pharmacy will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- In the event that any item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, CVS/pharmacy will accept the coupon only to the price of the item.
- CVS/pharmacy does not provide cash back in exchange for any coupons.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts one third-party manufacturer coupon and applicable CVS/pharmacy coupon(s) for the purchase of a single item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- The number of third-party manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- The coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
- CVS/pharmacy reserves the right to process coupons in any order.
Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- CVS/pharmacy accepts valid internet/print at home coupons containing a barcode.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept reproductions or rebates
They did not address whether or not you can use two coupons on a B1G1 sale or if you can use a B1G1 coupon on a B1G1 sale. Hopefully they will add those policies to it in the future.
You can read the full coupon policy here. You may want to print a copy to have on hand in case you run into issues at CVS!
For more tips for shopping at CVS, read CVS 101: The Simple Guide to Shopping at CVS.