Easy Cheesy Party Potatoes Recipe
I’m always the one that loves bringing potatoes to a potluck because, let’s be real, who doesn’t LOVE potatoes? I don’t like boring potatoes and I love a good party! Enter this super easy, amazingly delicious cheesy party potatoes recipe.
These Cheesy Party Potatoes are also known as Cheesy Potato Casserole, Funeral Potatoes, Cheesy Potatoes, or Utah Potato Casserole. There are several variations out there where some add bacon, leave out the sour cream, etc. Feel free to adjust how you wish!
Cheesy Party Potatoes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 lbs diced hash browns (you can use shredded or even tater tots if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 – 10.75 oz cans of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups of sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of crushed cornflakes (you can also use ritz crackers, French onions, etc).
- 2 tablespoons of butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until translucent in a medium skillet.
3. While the onion is cooking, in a large bowl, mix frozen hash browns, melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, grated cheese, and salt and pepper together until combined.
4. Stir in onion and pour into a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
5. Replace medium skillet to the heat and melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Add in crushed corn flakes and stir to toast about 1 minute. Sprinkle over top casserole.
6. Bake 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot (although it makes amazing leftovers too!)
Other recipes you may enjoy: