Target: Coupon and Price Matching Policies and New Printable Coupon System
Target Printable Coupons
Target has a new printable coupon system on their website. Customers are now limited to printing two of each coupon per computer. This means the use of the Target Coupon Generator is no longer permitted. Please remember that it is never okay to copy coupons. This new system may be disappointing for everyone right now, but I personally think it will be a more effective system that will benefit us all.
Price Matching Policy
Target also has a new price matching policy. They will match the price for any identical item in a competitor’s printed advertisement. There are some exclusions, such as they will not match online offers, coupon-required offers, timed event offers (doorbusters, early bird, etc), prices advertised as $$ off or % off (with no definitive price), bundled offers, or gift card offers. Make sure to read the entire policy for the complete list of exclusions. Target will allow the use of a Target coupon and/or manufacturer’s coupon on items you are price matching.
To price match, show the cashier the ad with the item you are price matching at the very beginning of your transaction. After the cashier has rung up the rest of your items, they will suspend your transaction and direct you to customer service. Customer service will then complete your order and handle your price matching, along with any coupons for those items.
Target Coupon Policy
Target has a very clear cut coupon policy. Some of the main points are:
- Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited).
- Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item.
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- No cash back will be given if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- Coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in at Target are not accepted.
Be sure to read the entire policy for the full list of guidelines.
I think it is helpful to print and carry a copy of these policies to the store with you in case there are problems.