Walmart has finally issued an Official Walmart Coupon Policy online! I suggest printing off a copy so you have it on hand when you shop, just in case you have problems redeeming your coupons.
You can view and print the Official Walmart Coupon Policy HERE.
Walmart WILL accept the following:
- Manufacturer’s coupons
- Printed-at-home Internet coupons - WILL NOT accept printed-at-home coupons for items that require no purchase (“free” item coupons). B1G1 Free coupons require a purchase so these are valid. Coupons MUST be legible, have “manufacturer’s coupon” written on it, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a bar code that is scannable.
- Competitor’s coupons that feature a specific item for a specific price. For example, a coupon that says: Kelloggs Cornflakes $2.99. This is like price matching from a competitor’s ad. They will not accept any other store coupons that say, for example: $0.50/1 off Tide or 50% off Tide.
- Competitor’s Check Out Coupons or “Catalinas”. They MUST be legible, have “manufacturer’s coupon” written on them with specific requirements, a valid remit address for the manufacturer on them, a valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.
- Soft drink container caps.
Wal-mart WILL NOT accept the following:
- Print at home internet coupons that require NO purchase.
- Other competitors store coupons for dollar or cents off a product, percent off a product, buy 1 get 1 free, or double-triple off. To make this clear NO Store coupons from other places will be accepted unless they are for a specific item at a specific price. For example: you have a coupon for Tide liquid detergent and the coupon states it is to be sold for $5.99. Wal-mart will then take the coupon and sell you the Tide for $5.99.
Wal-mart Guidelines and Limitations:
- Limit 1 coupon per item.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be used prior to expiration.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied towards the cost of the basket purchase.
- We only accept coupons for the merchandise we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor or Management approval: 40 or more coupons, any coupon over $20, or $50 or more in coupons in a single transaction.
What do you think? Will this make coupon shopping at Walmart easier?
Thanks, Consumer Queen!