Potato Leek Soup is creamy, savory, and satisfying. I made this soup for dinner recently and the whole family loved it! It’s perfect for warming you up on a chilly day.
I love that it’s ready in about 30 minutes and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand. It makes a great last-minute meal on nights when I forget to thaw meat for dinner!
Potato Leek Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large leek, chopped (use only white and pale green parts)
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 dashes Franks’s Red Hot sauce or Tobasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Melt butter in medium sauce pan and add leeks. Cover and cook on low for about 10 minutes. Stir frequently (do not let the leeks brown).
2. Add potatoes, water, and chicken broth to the pan and stir. Simmer uncovered on low for 20 minutes.
3. Use an immersion blender (or pour into a regular blender) to puree the soup. Add parsley, thyme, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir well and serve.
I think this would also be delicious with bacon!