10 Ways to Save Money on Movie Theater Tickets
If you love to go to the movies, then you know how expensive it can be – especially if you bring the whole family! If you want to go see a movie without spending a fortune, here are some money-saving tips!
2. Go on Discounted Days – Some movie theaters will offer discounts when you go on a specific day or at a specific time. If your schedule is flexible, this can work out to your advantage!
3. Movie Reward Programs – Some theaters offer rewards programs that will give you discounts on tickets or concessions. Depending on how often you like to go to the movies, these could potentially save you money.
4. Skip the Popcorn – I know, it’s hard to think of seeing a movie without that bag of popcorn! However, if you can, indulge in a pre or post-movie bowl of homemade popcorn instead! You won’t believe the savings!
5. Use Coupons – Some movie theaters will offer concession coupons on their websites or Facebook pages. I like to plan our movie dates around the days when our theater offers free or really inexpensive popcorn.
6. Summer Movie Programs – See if there is a local theater that offers a movie program during the summer. We have a local theater that offers free admission to a family-friendly movie every week. They are usually older movies, but my children usually don’t care if it’s a new release or not – they just love the theater experience!
7. Discount Theaters – If you aren’t in a rush to see the movie, wait until it starts playing at the “Dollar Theater” and pay 50-75% less than you would at the regular theater.
8. Buy in Bulk – Warehouse clubs like Costco offer discounts on bulk movie ticket purchases. Depending on how expensive tickets are in your area, this could save you a few bucks.
9. Ask for Available Discounts – It doesn’t hurt to ask, right? Some theaters offer discounts for children, seniors, students, and AAA members.
10. Wait – With so many ways to watch movies on DVD for free or cheap, skipping the theater altogether is definitely the way to go!
Do you have any additional tips for saving money at the movie theater?