Mother’s Day is right around the corner! If you’re looking for something unique to give a special mom this year, this list of great Mother’s Day DIY Gift Ideas will help you out.
Gifts don’t have to be expensive to be nice, and handmade gifts are so thoughtful and meaningful. This list has some simple and elegant gifts that anyone would love — mom, grandma, sister, friend, cousin, aunt, etc. From jewelry & sewing projects to body scrubs & homemade coasters, there’s something for everyone!
30 Mother’s Day DIY Gift Ideas
1. Luxurious Homemade Whipped Body Butter via Wellness Mama
What woman wouldn’t absolutely love a moisturizing body butter that is infused with delicious-smelling oils? Wellness Mama says, “Even if you aren’t typically the type to make your own gifts, this recipe is easy for DIY beginners and fun to make. Give it a try!”
2. Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub via Bargain Briana
This lemon hand scrub is sure to cleanse and rejuvenate tired and overworked hands. Not to mention, it smells wonderful!
3. Lavender Vanilla Sachet via The 36th Avenue
This cute sachet only takes 10 minutes to put together and is perfect for infusing a fresh, relaxing scent into any space.
4. Green Tea Scrub via Dear Crissy
With natural beauty products making a splash right now, this green tea body scrub is the perfect addition to a well-deserved spa night for mom!
5. Box of Love via How Does She
Get this free printable download to create a heartwarming shadow box displaying your love for a mom in your life. I love that this is completely customizable!
6. Hot Chocolate Kit via Love Grows Wild
This is a classic Christmas gift, but who doesn’t love a nice cup of hot chocolate year round?!
7. DIY Coupon Book via The Spruce
Pick from one of these free printable downloads to make a DIY coupon book of services and favors that you know your mom will appreciate.
8. Pressed Flower iPhone Case via Etsy Blog
This is so beautiful and would be such a great conversation starter for your gift recipient! And of course you could get a phone case that fits whatever phone they have — not necessarily an iPhone 🙂
9. Ceramic Photo Coasters via Cardstore Blog
These personable coasters make a great gift that will last a long time in the home.
10. Mason Jar Picture Frame Vase via Home Stories A to Z
This is so lovely and easy to make. Grab a nice bouquet of inexpensive wildflowers to finish it off!
11. Lavender Bath Salts via Wellness Mama
There’s nothing like the smell of lavender at bath time, and these bath salts look like the perfect gift for a mom who needs some time to escape and de-stress.
12. Scented Wax Melts via Bargain Briana
These wax melts are such a great alternative to traditional candles, and they make a home smell so good. You can have fun with the scents, too!
13. Meyer Lemon Bath Fizzies via Dear Crissy
Mmm. The smell of lemon is so refreshing. These bath fizzies are such a nice gift idea!
14. Lovely DIY Sun Hat via How Does She
This is so pretty! Perfect gift idea for a mom who loves to garden.
15. DIY Beaded Suncatcher via Live Craft Love
The way the light catches in this is just gorgeous. This would be a fun gift to make for a mom, but also for yourself!
16. Bow Front Clutch via Polka Dot Chair
So. Cute. This would work as a gift for just about anyone — regardless of style preference or age!
17. Dish Soap Cake Stand via Natalme
This is way too easy to make, and it’s so functional! I never knew how much space my kitchen soap and sponge were taking up until I saw this.
18. Makeup Magnetic Board via Handmade in the Heartland
Know a mom who is having trouble keeping her cosmetics organized? This is an awesome (and cute) solution!
19. Lavender Chamomile Tea Soap via A Pumpkin & A Princess
Chamomile helps soothe and relax your body and mind, so this is an awesome gift for a tired mom.
20. Painted Rock Garden Markers via Crafts By Amanda
This is a great gift idea for a mom who loves to garden, and the kids would have fun helping out with this one!
21. Fabric Scrap Keychains via Craftiness is not Optional
These are so easy to customize to fit your style, and would be a great weekend craft activity for the whole family to enjoy.
22. West Elm Inspired Sharpie Mugs via Put a Bird On It
I’m obsessed with this. How can a sharpie make a mug look so high-quality and awesome?!
23. Glass Pebble Magnets via Stampin Fool
I’ve made these magnets countless times for people. They are so easy to make, and magnets have a way of disappearing over time, so it’s always nice to get a new set.
24. Lavender Pillow Mist via Wellness Mama
A mist of lavender on the pillow before bedtime makes for a restful night’s sleep. And let’s face it — almost every mom could use more of those.
25. Coconut Lime Foot Soak via Bargain Briana
Tired feet will love this soothing foot soak. Perfect gift for a mom who is constantly on her feet. (Although, I’m pretty sure all moms are!)
26. Detox Bath Salts via Dear Crissy
This detox mix will draw out toxins from the body and leave any mom feeling brand new, energized, and healthy.
27. Self Soaping Scrubbie via One Good Thing By Jillee
These are all the rage right now and cost a pretty penny from natural food/beauty stores. Make them yourself for a fraction of the cost!
28. DIY Tea Bag Wreath via The Girl Creative
This is probably my all-time favorite DIY gift. For any tea lover, it is such a beautiful gift idea (and it costs next to nothing).
29. Mason Jar Sewing Kit via Polka Dot Chair
For the expert seamstress or the occasional button-sewer, this is such a great gift packaged in a really fun way!
30. DIY Tile Coasters via The Cottage Mama
Another classic. Give the gift of homemade coasters. They are really inexpensive to make, and they last forever.
Do you enjoy making homemade DIY gifts? What other ideas have you tried that you might add to this list?