Mother’s Day is right around the corner! If you’re looking for something unique to give a special mom this year, this list of great Mother’s Day DIY Gift Ideas will help you out.
Gifts don’t have to be expensive to be nice, and handmade gifts are so thoughtful and meaningful. This list has some simple and elegant gifts that anyone would love — mom, grandma, sister, friend, cousin, aunt, etc. From jewelry & sewing projects to body scrubs & homemade coasters, there’s something for everyone!
30 Mother’s Day DIY Gift Ideas
1. Luxurious Homemade Whipped Body Butter via Real Food Enthusiast
What woman wouldn’t absolutely love a moisturizing body butter that is infused with delicious-smelling oils?
2. Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub via Bargain Briana
Sometimes women’s hands need some rejuvenation, especially after being in the kitchen for a while. This lemon hand scrub is sure to cleanse and rejuvenate tired and overworked hands.
3. Lavender Vanilla Sachet via The 36th Avenue
This little sachet is so simple, yet so beautiful and elegant. I love it!
4. Green Tea Scrub via Dear Crissy
This body scrub will give skin a cleansing boost, and it’s the perfect addition to a well-deserved relaxation night for mom!
5. Box of Love via How Does She
I love this meaningful gift. So sweet and so personal. I love that you can get creative and make each box completely different.
6. Circle Inspiration Bracelet via Sometimes Homemade
This is such a simple piece of jewelry, yet so empowering. I think these would be really pretty with some pastel pink or purple cord. Looks like it comes together quickly, too!
7. Thread Wrapped Earrings via Creature Comforts
I’ve made these for friends in the past, and everyone goes wild over them! They are so simple to make, but the finished product looks fantastic. You can have fun with the colors, too.
8. Pressed Flower iPhone Case via Etsy Blog
Is this not absolutely beautiful?! It doesn’t look too difficult, either! I would love to try this one to give as a gift.
9. Ceramic Photo Coasters via Cardstore Blog
These personable coasters make a great gift that will last a long time in the home.
10. Mason Jar Picture Frame Vase via Home Stories A to Z
This is so lovely and easy to make. Grab a nice bouquet of inexpensive wildflowers to finish it off!
11. Lavender Bath Salts via Real Food Enthusiast
There’s nothing like the smell of lavender at bath time, and these bath salts look like the perfect gift for a mom who needs some time to escape and de-stress.
12. Scented Wax Melts via Bargain Briana
These wax melts are such a great alternative to traditional candles, and they make a home smell so good! You can have fun with the scents, too!
13. Meyer Lemon Bath Fizzies via Dear Crissy
Mmm. The smell of lemon is so refreshing. These bath fizzies are such a nice gift idea!
14. Lovely DIY Sun Hat via How Does She
This is so pretty! Perfect gift idea for a mom who loves to garden.
15. DIY Beaded Suncatcher via Live Craft Love
Isn’t this suncatcher just gorgeous? This would be a fun gift to make for a special friend or mom.
16. Bow Front Clutch via Polka Dot Chair
So. Cute. This would work as a gift for just about anyone — regardless of style preference or age! It’s just too adorable and versatile.
17. Dish Soap Cake Stand via Natalme
This is way too easy to make, and it’s so functional! Love it.
18. Makeup Magnetic Board via Making the World Cuter
Know a mom who is having trouble keeping her cosmetics organized? This is an awesome (and cute) solution!
19. Lavender Chamomile Tea Soap via A Pumpkin & A Princess
Who doesn’t love the wonderful smell of homemade soap? I love that this one is made from tea! Chamomile helps soothe and relax your body, so this is an awesome gift for a tired mom.
20. Painted Rock Garden Markers via Crafts By Amanda
Another great gift idea for the gardeners, these are ridiculously adorable. (And the kids would have fun helping out with this one!)
21. Fabric Scrap Keychains via Craftiness is not Optional
So easy and so fun! I love the colors.
22. West Elm Inspired Sharpie Mugs via Put a Bird On It
I’m obsessed with this. How can a sharpie make a mug look so high-quality and awesome?! What a cool gift idea.
23. Glass Pebble Magnets via Stampin Fool
I’ve made these magnets countless amounts of times for people. They are such easy gift ideas. And magnets have a way of disappearing over time, so it’s always nice to get a new set.
24. Lavender Pillow Mist via Real Food Enthusiast
A mist of lavender on the pillow before bedtime makes for a restful night’s sleep. And let’s face it — almost every mom in existence could use more of those.
25. Coconut Lime Foot Soak via Bargain Briana
Tired feet will love this soothing foot soak. Perfect gift for a mom who is constantly on her feet. (Although, I’m pretty sure all moms are!)
26. Detox Bath Salts via Dear Crissy
For moms who are super stressed out or feel weighed down, this is a great gift idea. This detox mix will draw out toxins from the body and leave her feeling brand new, energized, and healthy.
27. Self Soaping Scrubbie via One Good Thing By Jillee
What a cool idea! And it seems super easy, too!
28. DIY Tea Wreath via Kojo Designs
This is probably my all-time favorite DIY gift. For any tea lover, it is such a beautiful gift idea (and it costs next to nothing).
29. Mason Jar Sewing Kit via Polka Dot Chair
For the mom who has been wanting to learn some basic sewing skills, this is such a great gift packaged in a really fun way!
30. DIY Tile Coasters via The Cottage Mama
Another classic. Give the gift of homemade coasters. They are really inexpensive to make, and they last forever. I’ve had mine for over 5 years now!
Do you enjoy making homemade DIY gifts? What other ideas have you tried that you might add to this list?