Affordable Pick-Me-Ups for Cold Winter Days
Well, we’ve made it. We’re smack dab in the dead of winter. The days are short, the weather is cold, and your energy reserves may be completely zapped. Spring may be just around the corner, but it’s hard to keep that in mind when you’re trying to decide if running errands wrapped in a blanket is socially appropriate.
If you’re anything like us, you may be ready for a little pick-me-up. Sure, booking a trip to a tropical locale may seem like the ideal solution, but it isn’t the most budget-friendly option. These little pick-me-ups can help you recharge without breaking the bank.
A hot beverage can be a soothing way to warm up. If you happen to have the flu or a cold, all the more reason to reach for your favorite hot drink!
We like these affordable beverage options:
- Taylors of Harrogate Classic Tea Variety Box – This pack includes 48 tea bags featuring eight varieties of tea, allowing you to select the right tea for your mood.
- Coffee Sampler Pack – This set is available with 20, 30, or 40 coffee capsules. Since it contains so many different varieties of coffee, we think it’s easy to justify this as essential for your own personal coffee research.
- Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix – Get your chocolate fix while you enjoy a hot beverage! Hot chocolate mix can be as convenient as it is delicious.
Looking for some accessories to make it easier to enjoy hot drinks? Check out these finds:
- Juro Tumbler – This 20 oz tumbler is great for taking your hot beverages along to work or your next shopping trip. No need to go out into the cold without the support of a warm drink!
- Volar Ideas Elephant Tea Mug – Love tea, but not sure what to do with the bag when you’re not using it? This mug offers a clever solution while looking super adorable.
Feet often seem to get cold much more easily than the rest of the body. Keeping your feet warm can help keep you comfortable, and what better pick-me-up is there than that? Since socks and slippers are often inexpensive, they are such an easy treat for yourself.
Here are a few options we want to get on our feet ASAP:
- Mamia Cozy Slipper Socks – These slipper socks come in a nice array of colors, and you can select between regular and non-skid.
- Elabooz Women’s Comfort Slippers – A memory foam insole and plush lining might provide the cozy feeling your feet crave.
If you’re having trouble warming up, a comfy blanket might be a great addition to your home. While most people probably already own some blankets, a new blanket can feel like a special treat.
We think these blankets look perfect to curl up under:
- Bedsure Fleece Blanket – This microfiber blanket comes in four size options and a broad spectrum of colors.
- Rose Home Fashion Throw Blanket – Looking for a fuzzy, affordable throw? This blanket might come in handy!
If the dark of winter is bringing you down, light therapy can be an easy way to brighten up your days. While light therapy products tend to be more expensive than most of the other items on this list, some options are much more affordable than others.
Here are a few budget-friendly products we found:
- Gladle Portable Light Therapy Lamp – This compact light therapy lamp is designed for portability, making it easier to transport it between rooms and/or take it with you to work.
- Bright White Light Therapy Lamp with Adjustable Brightness – This light therapy lamp has four brightness options and a timer, so you can set it the brightness and duration you feel you need.
If it’s so cold you don’t want to leave the house, you might start to feel a little stir crazy. Beauty treatments can give you that spa-like feel without the need to venture outside your home.
These treatments seem so refreshing:
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay – Designed to be used on your face and body, this clay mask can give you that spa-day vibe.
- Kimkoo Gel Eye Mask – Pop this in the refrigerator for at least two hours, then enjoy cooling and depuffing. Plus, it’s reusable, so you can enjoy it time and time again.
What are your must-have winter pick-me-ups? Share your favorites in the comments section below.