8 Easy After-School Snacks to Start the School Year
For many, school has already started and the hustle and bustle of running around trying to figure out lunches and dinners have begun. That time in between school and dinner is always a rough “snack-time” in my house where no one knows what to have and you can’t have too much of a snack or it will ruin dinner.
So, to help myself and others out this school year, I decided to put together a list of easy after school snacks that kids will love and parents will love to make. Try these out and let me know how you like them!
- Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips via I Heart Naptime. This is such a fun and light snack and it will give your kids an excuse to learn to love fruit (if they don’t already!)
- Apple Sandwiches via Thrifty Jinxy. Probably one of the old time favorites and you could add so many other things to these snacks. Instead of raisins you could do craisins, chocolate chips, granola, etc.
- Chocolate Hummus via Recipes from a Pantry. Interesting twist on the classic popular dip. If it’s made of chocolate – your kids will love it, right?
- World’s Best Banana Bread via Extreme Couponing Mom. I love bananas and banana bread. This site gives you 3 different ways to make this world’s best banana bread. Grab the mini bread tins and make them all!
- Pepperoni Rolls via Dancing Through the Rain. I could live on pizza anything forever. I don’t know a kid that doesn’t love pizza. These are so easy!
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls via Home Made Interest. Great snacks for on the go or for high energy days!
- Homemade Granola Bars via I Heart Naptime. Granola bars are so good for a quick pick me up but homemade granola bars are even better!
- Peanut Butter, Strawberry. and Banana Quesadillas via Texanerin. I can honestly say I’ve never thought of putting this combination together, but they look absolutely amazing.
There are so many fun and light recipes out there that your kids will love and be open to eating anytime they are hungry instead of reaching for the bag of processed chips. Here’s to a new school year and easy snack options!