Walgreens Official Coupon Policy
As you can tell after reading my Walgreens 101 Guide, it can be kind of tricky to navigate the Walgreens savings and coupons system. To help out with that, the Walgreens official coupon policy is available online and is also available by request in-store!
Here are some of the main points from the coupon policy that will answer some of your most frequently asked questions:
General Coupon Policy
- No expired coupons, and coupons expire at 11:59pm local time on the date printed on the coupon.
- No competitor coupons. (This has become quite rare, so hopefully they get on board with accepting competitor coupons soon!)
- The number of manufacturer coupons, including Register Rewards manufacturer coupons, may not exceed the number of items in the transaction. The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. This means, no matter how clever you get with coupons, Walgreens will not pay you if your coupons add up to a negative balance owed.
- Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines will be accepted at the discretion of Walgreens management.
Does Walgreens Accept Manufacturer Coupons for Items On Sale?
- Yes, Walgreens will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- Walgreens accepts one manufacturer coupon and any applicable Walgreens coupon(s) for the purchase of a single item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer. (Make sure you read your coupons!)
- When purchasing multiple items, Walgreens accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
- When items are featured in a Buy 1 Get 1 Free promotion, at least one product needs to be purchased. A maximum of one BOGO coupon is permitted per two qualifying items in a BOGO offer.
- No “free product” internet coupons.
Total Store Offer/Coupons
- Total store offers (i.e., 20% off your whole purchase, Seniors Day, Friends & Family, Military Day, etc.) cannot be combined with “Buy One, Get One Free”, “Buy One, Get One 50% Off”, or “Buy 2, Get 3rd Free” promotions.
Register Rewards Coupons
- Register Rewards/Savings Rewards will only print for in-stock merchandise during the promotional period.
- Register Rewards/Savings Rewards can only be earned for eligible items. No substitutions are permitted.
- There is a limit of one Register Rewards/Savings Rewards coupon per offer per customer per transaction.
- Customers redeeming a Register Rewards/Savings Rewards against the same offer may not receive another Register Rewards/Savings Rewards coupon.
- Register Rewards/Savings Rewards shall be forfeited if the qualifying merchandise is returned.
You can read the full coupon policy here. You may want to print a copy to have on hand in case you run into issues at Walgreens!