Walgreens has finally posted their official coupon policy on their website! I checked out my window and don’t see any flying pigs, but I might have just missed them….hehe.
Here the points from the coupon policy that will answer some of your most frequently asked questions:
- Competitor coupons are not accepted at Walgreens.
- The number of manufacturer coupons, including Register Rewards manufacturer coupons, may not exceed the number of items in the transaction. The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines will be accepted at the discretion of Walgreens management.
- Walgreens will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- In the event that any item’s selling price is less than the value of the coupon, Walgreens will only accept the coupon in exchange for the selling price of the item. Coupon redemption can never exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is ever provided in exchange for any coupons.
- When purchasing a single item, Walgreens accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable Walgreens coupon(s) for the purchase of a single item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- The coupon amount must be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- When purchasing multiple items, Walgreens accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
- When items are featured in a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the items being purchased.
Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- Walgreens accepts valid internet/print at home coupons.
Register Rewards Coupons
- There is a limit of one Register Rewards (RR) printed per offer per customer per transaction.
- Customers redeeming a Register Rewards against the same offer may not receive another RR.
- The RR coupon value cannot exceed the total purchase amount. No cash back and no cash value for RR coupon.
- The number of manufacturer coupons, including RR manufacturer coupons, must not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- Register Rewards must be forfeited if the qualifying merchandise is returned.
- Register Rewards cannot be used toward the purchase of gift cards and pre-paid cards.
You can read the full coupon policy here. You may want to print a copy to have on hand in case you run into issues at Walgreens!